You’re very important to us, and so are your children. We know they’re affected by domestic violence in a variety of ways, and we want to help.
We offer play and support groups that:
- Make it easy for kids to be kids and have fun in a safe and supportive environment.
- Offer age-appropriate activities and projects.
- Provide opportunities to talk about feelings and experiences if and when the kids want to.
- Offer help with school work.
- Model and expect respectful and caring behaviors—and explain what it means in age-appropriate ways.
We offer groups for kids living in shelter or transitional housing, and they meet while moms are attending their own support groups. We make sure the children feel safe and supported while in our groups, keeping one goal in mind: to help each child not only survive bad experiences, but to thrive despite them.
If you ever worry and wonder about the children, call our 24/7 hotline at 1.800.863.9909 to ask questions, find support with parenting issues, and request referrals to other community services that offer assessment and therapy.
Families come in all shapes and sizes. We want to help yours to be as healthy as possible.