Our Wish List
If you are looking for a way to make a difference in the lives of people impacted by abuse, supporting Spruce Run-Womancare Alliance is a great way to do so, and there are many ways that you can help.
A donation of cash affords us flexibility to meet the shifting needs of the people we work with; please visit our donate page to make a monetary contribution.
If you’re interested in giving time to the organization, please visit our volunteer page. Volunteers answer our hotline, work with children in our shelter and transitional housing programs, organize donations, assist with fundraisers, and help in countless other ways.
If you’d like to make a donation of goods, please read on to find more information about what we need most. Our community has a long history of generously supporting Spruce Run-Womancare Alliance, and so our needs may shift and change. Please check back for updates.
If you have an idea about how you would like to contribute and it isn’t listed here, or if you just have a question about the suggestions below, call us at 207.945.5102 if you’re in the Bangor area or 207.564.8165 if you’re in the Dover-Foxcroft area.
Looking to make a regular commitment to help?
There are many opportunities to donate on a regular basis. Perhaps you or your group would like to provide the once-a-month dinner for the community meeting at transitional housing, or the snacks for a weekly children’s group. Please call our office at 207.945.5102 if you’re int he Bangor area or 207.564.8165 if you’re in the Dover-Foxcroft area to find out more about how you can sign on to help.
Looking to do something big?
If you want to make a major contribution to Spruce Run-Womancare Alliance, but a donation of money isn’t what you have in mind, there are plenty of other options. Perhaps you will consider including Spruce Run-Womancare Alliance in your will, or maybe you can supply something from the following list. If you have another idea that you don’t see here, please feel free to call us at 945.5102, as this list is not all-inclusive.
- playground equipment for shelter
- new computers
- a car (please contact us directly about this)
Are you looking to make a simple donation of goods that can be used by the families we serve? The following are things we almost always need. (Please note that for sanitary reasons we can only accept unopened toiletries. Please also note that, due to a lack of storage space, we cannot accept clothing donations at this time.) If possible, please call before bringing your donation to ensure we have ample space, someone available to accept your donation, and so we can properly thank you.
***indicates a priority item
- gift cards (gas cards, grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Target)***
- phone cards***
- boxed lego sets
- laundry detergent
- dryer sheets
- trash bags
- toilet paper
- paper towels
- new or gently used copies of the following books:
- Getting Free: You Can End Abuse and Take Back Your Life by Ginny NiCarthy
- Safety Planning with Battered Women by Jill M. Davies
- Helping Her Get Free: A Guide for Families and Friends of Abused Women by Susan Brewster
- In Love and In Danger: A Teen’s Guide to Breaking Free of Abusive Relationships by Barrie Levy
- The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to Recognize It and How to Respond by Patricia Evans
- Keeping the Faith: Guidance for Christian Women Facing Abuse by Marie M. Fortune
- The Macho Paradox: Why Some Men Hit Women and How All Men Can Help by Jackson Katz
Most of all–whatever you do–THANKS.